Packaged olives are a good healthy snack for vending machines, and there are a few different options available. But I think the most reasonable olives for a vending machine are actually from Trader Joe’s, and though I was able to find the pack of Manzanilla olives in the store, I was not able to find them on the Trader Joe’s Website.
So, Trader Joe’s olives are a perfect fit for vending machines at only $0.99 per pack (and possibly cheaper in bulk), but the only other option for small packs of olives seems to be the Oloves brand from Europe at a much higher price point or much larger bags of olives from Olive My Pickle. The bags of olives from Olive My Pickle are about the size of a typical jar of olives, which is much too big and expensive to sell from a vending machine, unless it was a highly specialized vending machine that only sold olives and maybe pickles.
Healthy Snacks are often hard to come by in vending machines, but I think these olive packs are a great idea, and will stand out from the other offerings in a snack machine. Typically, when a vending machine operator tries to add healthy snacks to the machine, they just go with some granola bars, but often, granola bars are more similar to cookies that real, homemade granola without much sugar.
When it comes to choosing the best packs of olives for vending machines, there are a few factors to consider. Here are some options that may work well:
- Single Serve Packs: Single serve packs are a popular choice for vending machines because they are convenient and easy to grab on-the-go. Look for packs that contain 1-2 ounces of olives, which is enough for a single serving. These packs are usually sold in boxes of 12-24 and are perfect for vending machines that are located in busy areas such as airports or train stations.
- Mixed Packs: Mixed packs of olives are a great option for vending machines because they offer variety and allow customers to try different flavors. Look for packs that include a mix of green and black olives, or a variety of stuffed olives such as garlic, almond, or jalapeno. Mixed packs are usually sold in larger quantities and can be a good option for vending machines that are located in office buildings or college campuses.
- Grab-and-Go Packs: Grab-and-go packs are another popular option for vending machines because they are pre-packaged and ready to eat. Look for packs that include a small container of olives along with other snacks such as cheese, crackers, or nuts. These packs are usually sold in boxes of 6-12 and are perfect for vending machines that are located in places where people are looking for a quick and easy snack.
- Branded Packs: If you are looking to promote a specific brand of olives, consider branded packs for your vending machine. Branded packs are usually sold in smaller quantities and can be a good option for vending machines that are located in specialty stores or gourmet food markets. These packs can also be customized with your company logo or design.
Overall, the best packs of olives for vending machines are those that are convenient, easy to grab, and offer a variety of flavors. Consider the location of your vending machine and the preferences of your customers when choosing the best packs of olives to stock.
Olives are a low calorie snack
If you look at the nutrition facts on the pack of Trader Joe’s Olives, you’ll see that there really not many calories – only 55 for the whole pack. Some people may be disappointed by the lack of calories in a vending machine snack since the snacks are often used to tide oneself over to another meal. But olives are super flavorful, and for people who are looking to watch their weight, the low number of calories is certainly an added benefit of buying this item. There’s not likely to be any other snacks that have as few calories as this pack of olives.
There’s a lot of healthy snacks out there, but these olives, Frooze Balls PB&J, and Chubby Snacks PB&J (basically a healthier version of Smuckers Uncrustables) are probably my 2 favorite ones.
The number of calories in olives can vary depending on the type and the serving size. Here is a breakdown of the approximate calorie count for some common types of olives:
- Green Olives: Green olives are harvested before they are fully ripe and have a slightly bitter flavor. They are often stuffed with pimento or garlic. A serving size of 5-6 green olives (about 30 grams) contains approximately 40-50 calories.
- Black Olives: Black olives are fully ripened and have a milder, sweeter flavor than green olives. They are often used in Mediterranean and Italian cuisine. A serving size of 5-6 black olives (about 30 grams) contains approximately 35-45 calories.
- Kalamata Olives: Kalamata olives are a type of black olive that are grown in Greece. They have a rich, fruity flavor and are often used in Greek cuisine. A serving size of 5-6 kalamata olives (about 30 grams) contains approximately 70-80 calories.
- Castelvetrano Olives: Castelvetrano olives are a type of green olive that are grown in Sicily. They have a mild, buttery flavor and are often used in Mediterranean cuisine. A serving size of 5-6 Castelvetrano olives (about 30 grams) contains approximately 50-60 calories.
It’s important to note that olives are high in healthy fats and contain a variety of nutrients such as vitamin E, iron, and fiber. While they are relatively low in calories, they should still be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
More Olive Brands
There are many brands of olives available on the market, ranging from large, well-known companies to smaller, artisanal producers. Here are some of the top brands of olives:
- Lindsay Olives: Lindsay Olives is a well-known brand that offers a variety of olive products including whole olives, sliced olives, and stuffed olives. They are known for their high-quality products and are widely available in grocery stores and online.
- Mezzetta: Mezzetta is a family-owned company that produces a wide range of olives and other specialty foods. They offer a variety of stuffed olives, as well as pitted and sliced olives in a variety of flavors. Mezzetta olives are widely available in grocery stores and online.
- Mario Camacho: Mario Camacho is a gourmet olive company that specializes in high-quality olives and olive products. They offer a variety of olives including stuffed olives, pitted olives, and whole olives in a variety of flavors. Their products are widely available in specialty food stores and online.
- Divina: Divina is a company that specializes in Mediterranean-inspired foods, including olives and other specialty products. They offer a variety of olives including stuffed olives, pitted olives, and whole olives in a variety of flavors. Divina products are widely available in specialty food stores and online.
- Oloves: Oloves is a company that produces snack packs of olives in a variety of flavors. Their products are perfect for on-the-go snacking and are widely available in grocery stores and online.
- Roland Foods: Roland Foods is a company that offers a wide range of specialty foods including olives, capers, and anchovies. They offer a variety of olives including pitted olives, whole olives, and stuffed olives in a variety of flavors. Roland Foods products are widely available in specialty food stores and online.
These are just a few of the many top brands of olives available on the market. When choosing a brand, consider your personal preferences and the quality of the products. It’s also important to read reviews and check the ingredients to ensure that you are getting a high-quality product.